Three-year Parts Warranty
There is an additional two years’ parts warranty cover (after the initial 12 months) if a manufacturing defect occurs on the following items:
- Willerby manufactured fitted furniture
- Soft furnishings, chairs and upholstery
- Kitchen sink
- Shower cubicles and shower doors
- Sanitaryware, baths and taps (does not include radiators)
- Sockets and switches
- Internal doors and door handles
- Gutters and fall-pipes*
*Please refer to the Owner’s Handbook for the specific details on each product.
5-year Structural Warranty
There is an additional four years’ structural warranty cover (after the initial 12 months) on the following structural items and boiler:
- External doors
- PVCu windows
- Roof, walls and ceilings
*The boiler warranty must be registered with the manufacturer within 30 days of the commissioning of the boiler and the boiler must be serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer; please note this is for Vaillant boilers only
We offer two principal types of chassis on our Willerby models, which is either a Painted Steel Chassis or a Fully Galvanised Chassis, please refer to page 35 in your Willerby Handbook.
For Painted Steel Chassis, the anti-corrosion warranty is two years from the date of chassis manufacture or one year from the date of sale (to end-user), whichever occurs first.
For Fully Galvanised Steel Chassis, the anti-corrosion warranty is 12 years from the date of chassis manufacture or ten years from the date of sale (to end-user), whichever occurs first.
Willerby Terms and Conditions
In your Owner’s Handbook, you’ll find information about the conditions and exceptions applied to the Willerby warranty, so please make sure to give it a thorough read. However, we have outlined a few limitations here to bear in mind when making a claim:
- Willerby will cover all parts and labour associated with any repair work carried out under warranty.
- Willerby cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered (or incurred) as a consequence of your failure or delay in reporting defects promptly.
- Any claims involving electrical and/or gas appliances should be dealt with per the manufacturer handbook supplied with the individual device(s).
- Willerby cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of your failure to use the correct qualified individuals or company.
How to Claim Under The Willerby Warranty
If you’ve spotted something , you should contact your Park operator as soon as possible, who will then pass any warranty claims to Southern Counties Leisure. Your contact at the Park should keep you updated throughout the process, so please speak with them for any updates on your claim.
You need to have the following information to give to your Park operator:
- The model and size of your holiday home or lodge
- Description of fault, location and photograph
- The serial number provided on your purchase paperwork (you can also usually find this in your boiler cupboard or on the rear of your holiday home).